Sassy Friends!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Zoya Summer 2013 PixieDust (Picture Heavy!)


Hello girls and boys, I hope you all had a great weekend! I had a pretty productive weekend myself. I managed to get quite a few swatches done, the Zoya summer PixieDust collection being some of those swatches! I was so excited when Zoya announced that they were doing another set of these textured polishes! 


Since all of the formulas are the same I will just sum them all up right now vs talking about each one individually. I used 3 coats for each, those with shorter nails will be able to getaway with 2. They all applied even and smooth. There is so much control with these polishes, there is no flooding the cuticles or sides at all. It is recommended that you let each coat dry down completely to prevent dragging/balding and clumping. Dry time isn't bad either, Zoya says up to 10 minutes but I have yet to wait that long for it to dry. Since these are textured you don't use a top coat on them, so you my wonder how well they last. I don't usually get to wear polish for very long but I did wear a couple of these for well over 24 hours, which is long for me, and they didn't chip or have any visible wear at all. The texture is non abrasive, it doesn't catch in my experience, you can rub a cotton ball along your PixieDust painted nails and it will not catch! Removal is a breeze! Simply set a acetone soaked cotton ball on the nail for about 30-45 seconds and pull. Most, if not all, of the polish will be removed. There is no need for scrubbing, soaking or foil to remove them like with a typical glitter polish! 

Solange...
..."a gold metal foil sparkle featuring a Zoya EXCLUSIVE GOLD PIGMENT in the best-selling Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Foil Twinkle formula."





Solange is so amazing, I really love the way it looks against my skin! I'm not usually so into golds but I think  this one ROCKS! 


Beatrix...
..."a tangerine metal sparkle in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Foil Twinkle formula."





The gold sparkle in Beatrix is amazing, especially in combination with the orange! It kind of makes me think of an sunset! 


Destiny...
..."can be best described as a coral metal sparkle in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Foil Twinkle formula."





O-M-G!!! Destiny is so much more amazing in person! The gold sparkle that dances inside of that amazing coral, it makes it look like fire on your finger tips! I can't even explain how gorgeous this color is and how much I love it!!


Miranda...
..."a rose sparkle in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Sparkle formula."





Miranda is a tricky girl, sometimes she looks almost reddish (raspberry like maybe?) but she has a deep rosy pink. There is a beautiful sparkle to it that really stands out much more than I captured in these pictures!


Stevie...
 ..."a violet sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Sparkle formula."





Stevie is one of the more delicate colors of this collection, but it is a tad darker IRL.
The silver sparkle in this is truly amazing! 


Liberty...
..."a blue sugary sparkle in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Sparkle formula."





Liberty is absolutely gorgeous! It is extremely pigmented therefore has an amazing depth to it. Blue sparkle, blue pigment, STUNNING! 


*My Top Picks*
SolangeDestiny, Liberty

Overall, every single one of these has great coverage and application (as long as you follow the instructions-I can't stress this enough). Even though I have my 3 favorites from this collection I love each and every one! The colors are great, very bright, bold and perfect for summer! I heard that some have had trouble with Liberty staining so I did use my peel off base coat, Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter-A-Peel, and I had no blue left behind. I did however get a little staining from Destiny since I did not use a base coat, as recommended by Zoya, for any of the others. 

You can purchase Zoya PixieDust  at www.zoya.com, they retail for $9 each. As always Zoya polishes are all 5 Free.
Follow Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments on the following social media links:
Twitter @ZoyaNailPolish
Instagram @zoyanailpolish

If you don't have an account set up with Zoya sign up with my link here!. If you create an account with Zoya through my code you will receive a credit for a free bottle of polish (found in your "My Account" tab). Plus you never know when Zoya will be having one of their epic flash promos and you will want to be ready! 

 Have you tried any of the Summer Pixies yet? Which are your favorites? 
Make sure to check back in for more Zoya beauties. I will have some nail art using the Summer Pixies (click here for the nail art!)and the Stunning & Irresistible collections to show you as well!  
♥ Gini ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...