Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gothic Fairy Wings

 
I'm sorry for such a late post, I'm getting ready to head off to bed, but I just wanted to show you guys a few pictures of my first attempt at these Gothic Fairy Wings. I saw these once before on pinterest or something, if anyone knows where let me know so I can credit!
 
 
Nicole by OPI Gilda's Dream, Elixer Lacquers Miss Kitty's Mee-Yow

 
I started with 2 coats of Gilda's Dream then painted my tips with 3 coats of Miss Kitty...

 
I painted 2 lines and the arches on the tips and filled out the rest of the tip with the black...
 
 
I added glitter then painted the jagged parts of the wings and added the dots.

 
The black is acrylic paint as well as the dots.
 
I painted these to enter them into Polish TBH's Instagram fantasy contest.
If you're interested in entering her user name is polish_tbh
Feel free to follow me too  @sassypaints2012
 
I'll see you guys later with my day 11 mani  for the 3 day challenge: polka dots!!! =)
 
Ciao for now!
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I am in love with this!! This is exactly how I imagine how a fairy's wings would like in the urban fantasy books I read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else sees it too! My hubby said "those aren't fairy wings, they're butterfly wings!" Gee thanks hubs! :P

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I'm so jealous of your nails!!! I love how long and pretty they are!!! This mani totally suits you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...Thanks chickie! Don't be jealous, they are a huge pain in the butt lately! I'll have to show you pictures of how they look without being soaked in warm water first, they kinda curl in at the tips all weird now, the longet they get the more they curl. I'm thinking of filing them down.

      Delete
  3. Hi Gini, I have given you the butterfly award and you can claim it here http://glazedtalons.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-butterfly-award_20.html

    I love purple,and that is such a pretty mani,btw :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...