Sassy Friends!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Born Pretty Store Spike Studs


Hey hey hey, it's Friday!! Who's excited? I have some pretty funky nail art for you today! These aren't something I'd wear for a normal day but it's pretty darn fun, really edgy and could be great for a night out!  


 I started off with my base color, 3 coats of Orly Choreographed Chaos. On my pinkie and index fingers I applied a simple stripe of Finger Paints Black Expressionism right down the middle, then lined each side with my Kiss Nail Art Striper in Silver Glitter  and I added a few round studs. Then on my thumb and middle finger I made the leopard spots with the same colors and topped all of them off with a coat of HK Girl. Finally on my ring finger I applied my Born Pretty Store spike studs.



Now these spikes are a bit trickier to apply than regular studs are. They can be a bit hard to pick up and keep a hold of, they kept slipping out of my fingers. Tweezers don't really work well either. I had to be careful to not stick my nails into the very dentable polish as I was applying them as well. Basically it just takes a little bit of patience and a steady hand to apply them without damaging the polish on that nail. However once you get the first one on it's easier to get the rest on. 


I only used a thick coat of clear polish to make them stick and I did not use a fast drying top coat to seal it once they were on the nail, since I had work to do I took them off pretty fast. If you were wanting to wear them out for something special I would recommend using a good amount of nail glue to apply them and then carefully apply a good top coat like HK Girl to seal it up.  I'm not telling you to put it on top of the studs but around the base of each one to really give it some super hold! 


 These studs can be found directly at this link: bornprettystore.com/10pcs-spikes-studs.
They retail for $1.99 for a 10 piece set and are 6mm high and 4mm around. You have your choice of silver and gold.  They are metal and very durable and would be reusable several times if you clean them off properly after each use. 

Follow Born Pretty Store on these social media sites:
Twitter @bornprettystore
Facebook
Born Pretty Store Blog
YouTube

Use the code in the picture below to get 10% off your purchase at bornprettystore.com
♥ Gini ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...