Sassy Friends!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Renaissance Custom Lacquer *New Indie Brand*


Hello loves! I have another late post today, oops! I have been having issues with my computer today and have been working on the kinks. I finally have it working normally, for now, so I wanted to hurry up and get this post up in case it decides to crap out on me again!

Tonight's post is a special one. I have the pleasure and honor of being able to review a new indie brand that was created by Meghan of Will Paint Nails For Food and her sister Laura! Meghan is an amazingly talented blogger already so I was extremely excited to try these out! I just knew she would create some spectacular lacquers and I was correct!


I have 4 polishes to show you today, 2 stand alone colors and 2 from The Seasons collection, see Meghan's blog post for swatches of those 2 shades. The formulas for each of these are perfect. They are a little on the thicker side but it gives nice control so there is no flooding of the cuticles or sides. The thicker base also helps suspend the glitters nicely. There were no issues at all, they apply smooth as silk and have great dry time.  All photos are shown as 2-3 coat, I will specify on each one, and topped with HK Girl.


L'Automne (Autumn)...
...a chocolate brown with a subtle holo shimmer, lavender, copper, wine and moss green glitters in small hexes and squares.
All photos of L'Automne are shown as 3 coats.



This is like fall in a bottle, the colors of the glitters in the yummy chocolaty base are gorgeous. The holo shimmer really make this special to me, it's faint but when the light hits it right you can see that shimmer flash.


L'Été (summer)...
...a hot pink creme with pink shimmer, teal, gold, blue, silver and lavender glitters in tiny hex, small and medium circles, and small square shapes.
All photos of  L'Été are shown as 2 coats.



This is such a fun shade! I'm a bit biased when it comes to pinks *MUST HAVE ALL THE PINKS!*
I love how all of these have just a hint of glitter, so you can really appreciate the base color without the glitter  being overwhelming.


Nightshade...
...is a deep royal blue, that is slightly bluish-green with a prominent gold shimmer. It also has gold, wine and ocean blue glitter in small hexes and squares.
All photos of Nightshade are shown as 3 coats.



This is my favorite one of the collection! I did have a difficult time getting this to photograph correctly, it's a bit darker in person. It also can appear to be a bit green in certain light, probably from all of that gorgeous gold shimmer!


Flirt...
...a reddish-purple medium linear holo with a gold shimmer, pink, gold and charcoal grey glitters. 
All photos of Flirt are shown as 2 coats.

Light box daylight bulb

Flash

Light box daylight bulb

I was really surprised this color played so well in my light box. These photos show the hint of red and that touch of gold shimmer which I was afraid I wouldn't be able to capture. Unfortunately there hasn't been a single ray of sunshine here all week so I was unable to get a good picture of the holo. I had to settle on showing it off with flash instead. It does the trick but the pictures aren't near as pretty as sunlight pictures.

Light box daylight bulb

Flash

Meghan and Laura are hoping to launch their website, renaissancecosmetics.com, this Sunday November 24th at 12pm (EST). Make sure to sign up for their newsletter on their website to keep updated and don't forget to follow on Facebook as well!

What do you think of these beauties? Are there any going on your wish list?

 Gini ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...