Sassy Friends!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rainbow Honey Summer Mixtape Swatches & Review


Hi loves! Today I have a few polishes from the Rainbow Honey Summer Mixtape Collection to show you! I was really surprised when I received this package in the mail and I got crazy excited when I saw what was inside! Summer Mixtape consists of 12 polishes that are perfect for the warm bright summer days! Lets take a look at what I have...


 Control: described as "a cool toned crimson red jelly with sparks of  blue iridescence"
 Shown as 3 coats topped with HK Girl Top Coat.




I definitely wouldn't describe this as crimson red, it's a hot pink leaning red with how dark it is but not red. The glass flecked iridescence is amazing and make this a winner in my book! The formula was a little on the thick side making application a little bothersome. I added a few drops of thinner and it helped a lot. Other than that it was great, no pulling, dragging or flooding of the cuticles.  


Elevate: a clear base packed full of glitters: round, hex and triangle; in various sizes and colors.
Shown as 1 coat over Julep Beverly topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.




I love all of Rainbow Honey's glitter toppers. They aren't just plain old glitters, there is always a bit of glass fleck, shimmer or iridescence to them!  While this would look great over any shade, you're really going to get that glass fleck payoff on top of a darker base. Application was great, I did place my bottle upside down for a few minutes prior to application to ensure the larger glitters were easy to access. Make sure to have a good thick top coat like Digital Flash handy or a glitter smoothing top coat to use before your fast dry top coat to give you a smooth finish. 


One Minute More: described as a "sparkling lemon yellow".
Shown as 3 coats topped with HK Girl Top Coat




Yellows have been really popular this summer and I'm very happy about that. I think yellow doesn't get the attention it deserves most of the time. This yellow is probably one of the most unique I have in my stash. I have some with shimmer but that shimmer doesn't usually translate well, it either doesn't show at all or it makes it look like there is something wrong with the finish. This one has a glass fleck shimmer in a soft pink shade! It gives it an almost foil look when the light hits right. The formula was like Control's, on the thicker side but a few drops of thinner help a lot, there were no other issues. 


You can purchase these and the rest of the Summer Mixtape Collection online at www.rainbowhoney.com, where they retail for $10 each. 
As always Rainbow Honey polishes are 3Free and Cruelty Free!

Make sure to follow Rainbow Honey on these social media sites to get up to date release info:
Twitter @Rainbow_Honey
Instagram @rainbowhoney

♥ Gini ♥

PC: Rainbow Honey Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...