Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

J is for Julep

Another week in Kimber's ABC challenge and I'm feeling burnt out...on creativity, on polish, on the blog, so this mani turned out terrible. It didn't come out the way I had pictured it in my mind. It should be J is for JUNK. I'm not really feeling it so I'm just gonna give you the pictures and be done with this week, let's move on to K...even though I have no idea what to do for K. Hopefully but then I can pull out of this funk! I think it's due to the fact that my house is still in disarray from the repairs and whatnot.
Anyway...here it is.

Shenae, Simone, Teri





This was my first time using striping tape and I guess I need more practice...weird cause I use regular scotch tape without issue. I probably should have used one of the lighter colors on top of the brighter one so the base colors were more contrasting, you can barely see the difference in color in those little stripes. Oh well, I've learned that lesson.


Now let's go see what the other girls have done for the letter J.

♥ Gini ♥

22 comments:

  1. The colors are all quite pretty and you definitely get an "A" for trying something new! Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really need to try again. Maybe next time it will turn out how I imagined. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I think it turned out very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! it's very spring-y. I can see color variation in the base & your lines look nice and clean. I'm gonna disagree with the 'junk' moniker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks hun, I think i just tend to be a bit hard on myself when manis don't turn out perfect.

      Delete
  4. I love this Gini! Snap out of that funk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I know, I know. I'm having a hard time pullin myself out of this one. :(

      Delete
  5. It looks lovely anyway! I like the bright colour on top and the pastel underneath, even if it looks like one pastel only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really love the coral color. It's way brighter than I expected and has great coverage.

      Delete
  6. I think it turned out well, looks like lasers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to agree, it does look like lasers! LOL

      Delete
  7. I don't know what you're talking about this is fab!!! I heart when you do nail art, you are much more talented that you give yourself credit for!! I'm having a little blog unloving right now, does anyone read it? Should I just post to Instagram? No one ever cares about the colors I use or the tired old techniques I use...welcome to my pity party!! Okay, let's pull it together, we can so this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I care about the colors you use Nicole!

      Delete
  8. Gini, I loved your mani!!! But I can also understand the funk you're in. I hope it goes away soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your manicure looks really, really lovely, trust me! ;)
    You did an amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's amazingly pretty and I love your nail shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. JUNK?!?!! Girl I don't know where you got that from but this my dear is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh I think this is amazing!! Your tape work is excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, I agree with the ladies here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh I love those colors! I'm thinking of doing this for easter now with some pastel colors like you. Really gorgeous Gini!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you're being too hard on yourself Gini! I can see the change on the base and those colors make a great combination! Your manicure is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...