Sassy Friends!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Triangle


Hey, hey, hey!! I know I haven't done a Mish Mash Challenge post in several weeks but I'm hoping to keep up with it on a more regular basis from here on out. 


This week we are supposed to do a "Triangle" mani and I actually had a couple things in mind, one of them I just couldn't shake. I have wanted to do a Harry Potter inspired mani since I started blogging but I never find the time or I feel discouraged at my lack of skill in the free hand art department so I give up before I even get started. Once this idea came to me I knew it was perfect and would be simple enough for me to pull off. I took my inspiration from the last book in the HP series; The Deathly Hallows. 




For this mani I used Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up and Sinful Colors Pull Over & Unicorn to create the Saran Wrap effect. Then I used Sally Hansen Oxblood & Golden-I for the Deathly Hallows symbol and I topped it all off with HK Girl

My hopes were to make the nails look like the book cover. Do you think I managed to capture that? I know that my Deathly Hallows symbol is a bit messy looking, that's how I intended it to look. I was fairly straight with perfect lines but it seemed wrong, I thought a messier look would make it better. 


So what do you think about my triangle mani? I have another one that I really want to do and probably will soon enough, though it's way more complicated than this one and probably wont turn out on my nails the way I picture it in my brain! LOL. Now that I'm done rambling I'm going to try and look at everyone's Triangled tips! 

Gini ♥


Purchased By Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...