Sassy Friends!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Model City Polish: "Red Spinel", "Amethyst" & "Aqua Aura"


Hi girls and boys! I have had nothing but bad luck trying to get this review up this week. I swear it's been one thing after another, but I finally have it for you! This indie brand has been around for a while but it's a new one for me, so I was super excited to have the privilege to be able to show them to you all! I am really regretting not trying out this brand out sooner! I have half of the Gemstone collection to show you, so lets get to it! 


Red Spinel: Fuchsia and silver holographic micro glitters in a clear base.
Shown as 2 coats over Sally Hansen I Pink I Can topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.




Amethyst: Purple holo micro glitters in a clear base.
Shown as 2 coats over Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac topped with NPB Digital Flash.




Aqua Aura: Aqua and gold micro glitters in a clear base.
Shown as 2 coats over China Glaze For Audry topped with NPB Digital Flash.




Each one of these has an excellent formula, not too thick but not too thin, and they dry pretty fast as well. The glitters aren't very dense so I would really recommend using them as a top coat vs a stand alone. I think these would look amazing layered over pretty much any color so the sky is the limit! If you decided to wear them alone I'm sure it could be done with 3 or 4 generous coats, but there may still be a bit of VNL. 

You can purchase these Model City Polishes on Nina's website: modelcitypolish.com. They retail for $8.50 per full size bottle (15ml). 

You can also find glass nail files there as well! There are several different types of files available but since I tried my very first glass file I haven't let any other kind touch my nails! Glass files, with proper use, can prevent peeling and chipping. And with proper care they can last much longer than a regular nail file can. I love the mini file Nina sent me! It's perfect to keep in my purse just in case of an emergency!
You can purchase a 3 pack of mini files for $5 or a 3 pack of  full size files for $8! That's a great price for these files! 

Have you tried any Model City polishes yet? If so which do you recommend? My favorite of these 3 has to be Aqua Aura! When I first saw Nina's swatch of it I fell in love! ♥

Make sure you follow Model City on these social media sites:
Instagram @modelcitypolish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...