Sassy Friends!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Luxe Lacquers June Subscription Box Swatches and Review


Hello loves! Today I have a new indie brand to show you. Luxe Lacquers are Vegan, Non-Toxic and Cruelty Free. This subscription box is $29.99 a month, shipping is included, and you will receive 4 full sized surprise shades. You can suspend, pause or cancel your subscription at any time. Also, a portion of each sale is donated to the Malala Fund: a charitable organization that is devoted to providing education and support to adolescent girls in developing countries. Today I have June’s box to show you, so let’s jump right into it.


 First off, let’s talk packaging. I don’t show packaging off very often, usually it’s simply because I rip into my nail mail packages too quickly. By the time I think about it the package looks like a 5 year old opening a birthday present got a hold of it! This was packaged so beautifully it actually made me take pause and remember to photograph it! 


Bonnie: a grayed cornflower blue crelly.
Shown as 4 coats, no top coat.



Bonnie is pretty sheer so multiple coats were required, however even with 4 coats it wasn't any thicker than a 2 coat polish, dry time was good as well. So don’t be afraid to build the color, the payoff is well worth it! 


Celeste: a pale ballerina pink crelly.
Shown as 4 coats, no top coat.



Celeste’s formula is pretty much exactly like Bonnie's. Just like that beautiful blue, I needed 4 coats but it was thin enough that it didn't create any issues, again build away and make it opaque with multiple thin coats. 


Kate: a light-medium gray creme.
Shown as 2 coats, no top coat.



I was expecting Kate to be sheer like the first 2 but, much to my surprise, it was almost completely opaque in 1 coat. I did apply a second just be on the safe side, to ensure there were no patchy spots even though I didn't see any. This was by far the best formula of the bunch and I also happen to have a soft spot for gray polishes. 


Millie: a peachy coral packed full of glass flecks.
Shown as 3 coats, no top coat.




Millie is the most unique of the bunch, with her glass fleck finish. This wasn't as sheer at Bonnie or Celeste but not quite as opaque as Kate. I do have longer nails so sometimes I have to use an extra coat compared to what some may need. So you may be able to get away with 2 on this, any maybe just 3 with the first two. Millie has a nice self leveling formula and like all the others it has a gorgeous high shine finish. While I did choose to not use a top coat for these I always recommend using a top coat, as well as a base coat. they will ensure you will get more wear out of your manicure!


You can sign up for your Luxe Lacquers Subscription online at luxelacquers.co.
Again, sub boxes are $29.99 per month with free shipping in US and Canada.  

What are your thoughts on this beautiful sub box? Have you subscribed yet? 
If you have or plan to make sure when you get your goodies to share your mani photos with Roxy of Luxe Lacquers by using the hashtag #luvmyluxe and you may get featured!!

Follow Luxe Lacquers on these social media sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...