Sassy Friends!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Leibster Award

I have been tagged, by a fun new blogger Jess from Too Cute-icle, for the Liebster Award. It's for new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Kind of a "get to know the new kid" type of thing. I am grateful to have the chance to let people get to know me better and I would like to know some of you as well! Thanks for tagging me Jess!


Official Rules!

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.

2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.

3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.

4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.

5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.

6. There's no tag backs.


11 Things About Me

1. I am a Leo. My birthday is August 17th and I will be celebrating my  24th birthday...again! ;)

2. I have a mouth like a sailor and have been known to make big bruiting men blush as a result.

3. I am a True Blood  freak! Books, show, everything! I love it all!

4.  I have been tattooed 8 times and pierced 20 times.

5. I am half Mexican, first generation American, from my dad's side. The rest of me, lol, is Sicilian, Irish and German.

6. When first meeting me people usually think I am mean, I can be mean but I don't trust easily so it takes time for me to open up and get to know people.

7. I can bake the most friggin awesome chocolate chip cookies!

8. I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO. I'm a true city girl and sometimes feel a bit out of touch living in the small town of East Alton, IL. where my husband moved me too.

9. When I'm upset I like to shop, if I can't shop (or should I say if I can't afford to shop) the smell of pineapple calms me down.

10. I almost moved to St. Croix, USVI. Until I met my husband, he changed my mind.

11. I am the ultimate night owl. I usually go to bed when everyone else is getting up and starting their day.


My Questions From Jess

1. Why did you start playing with polish?
I've always had an interest in polish, but since I've become obsessed with pinterest my husband decided to buy me a bunch of polish and nail art paints. It just kind of bloomed from there.

2. What is your favorite thing to do with your nails?
I go through phases. I use to do nothing but crazy color tips. Now my thing is my accent nail. I really would like to start branching out more to try and sharpen my skills.
3. Cats or dogs?
Ok...please don't hate me but I'm not a huge fan of owning animals. I prefer to admire their great qualities from afar, but i do tend to prefer dogs over cats.

4. Favorite thing to do on your day(s) of relaxation?
My nails, get a pedi or a facial, read or just have dinner with my Soul Mate/BFF.
5. Favorite food?? (RECIPE linkaaageee if it is a dish ;))
Tacos de lengua...I'll leave that to you to translate for those who aren't familiar with the dish. If you're interested in how to make this properly once you find out what it is leave me a comment with your email and I will send it to you. If you're brave enough it is well worth it!

6. What is your #1 Lemming polish?
This one is hard I have a few on my I have to have or I will DIE list but I guess the one that's the most unattainable would be the #1 Max Factor Fantasy Fire. I guess as lemming polishes go this is probably on the lower end of the spectrum...I could buy it off eBay but I just can't seem to spend that kind of money on a bottle of polish...YET. ;)
7. What inspired you to turn your polish hobby into a blogging hobby?
I felt so bad for all of my facebook peeps. All of the pictures and posts about polish I'm surprised I still have friends. So I decided to blog and create a FB page. I'm still very new at the blogging thing therefore trying to figure things out as I go. So bare with me.
8. If you could design your own indie polish, what would it look like?
This is something I've been thinking of a lot lately because I would like to try it someday...soon. I know it would be a glitter bomb and probably a little gaudy! ;)
9. House is on fire. What do you grab to take out? Only time to grab one thing (weight is not an object, pretend you are super strong)
My hubby. I know he has feet and could probably walk but he was the first thing that popped in my head. So maybe he's sleeping in this scenario or passed out, who knows. LOL

10. Favorite song?
Right now it would have to be anything by Adele. She's awesome!
11. Favorite polish you own?This changes so often, but I guess the one I always seem to run back to for just a basic color is Orly Oh Cabana Boy! I tend to favor pink polishes and it's so pretty with purple iridescent flash it has in certain light.
My 11 Questions for My Tagged 11!
1. What is your favorite book?
2. Aside from polish, what is your obsession?
3. What is the one nail technique you haven't been able to master or try yet that you would like to?
4. What is the biggest challenge you have had starting a new blog?
5. If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
6. What is your all time favorite movie?
7. If you could visit any place in the world where would you go?
8. What is a helpful tip you may have for other new lacquer bloggers?
9. What's your favorite holiday and why?
10. What is your go to polish?
11. What are 3 things you love about yourself?

My 11 Tagged

OhThreeOhFour -I know you are right at 200 (Yay!) but i tagged you anyway! ;)

I hope you ladies have fun with this, I did!
-Gini








15 comments:

  1. we have the same birthday :) thanks for tagging me - Jess over at Too Cute-icle tagged me, too, so I've got a loooot of typing to do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome we're bday buddies! Leos are the greatest and that's like the best day EVER!!! ;) Have fun with all the typing, i'm looking forward to learing a few things about ya.

      Delete
    2. Leo's ARE the greatest - my aunt and I are both Leo and we call each other Leotards :D

      Delete
  2. Hello! Found you through Jess @ Too Cute-icle. Nice to get to know new bloggers ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for coming by! I hope you like what you see and stick around for more!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the award!! :D I just found your blog and am now following! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashesela! I hope you like what I've done so far!

      Delete
  4. We ARE almost neighbors! I'm in Columbia and go to school in Belleville (soon to be Lebanon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey neighbor! LOL It really is a small world!

      Delete
    2. I used to live in Belleville :O

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your consideration, I really appreciate it and it was fun learning about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for tagging me! This is a lot fun and very informative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have fun making your own Q's too! =)

      Delete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...