Sassy Friends!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Poppy Nail Polish: "Oh Violet" and "My Fair Maiden" swatches & Review


Hello my polished pretties! I have a new  indie brand to show you today. Poppy is owned by Tiffany Barry out of Atlanta Georgia. She has created a beautiful line of polishes that are 5-Free (meaning they do not contain dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, or camphor), cruelty-free, and vegan! So let's take a look at the two lovely lacquers I have for you today...



 Oh Violet...
...a soft shimmery violet.
Shown as 2 coats topped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry
Honestly I was expecting this to be really sheer. Much to my surprise when I applied it it was very opaque, almost a 1 coater. The formula is excellent, applying smooth as silk, no dragging flooding or thickening during application. Great quality!  The shimmer make this a winner to me, this would be a great shade to wear year round. 





My Fair Maiden...
...a mint creme with grayish undertones.
Shown here as 2 coats topped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

This has an excellent formula. It didn't flood the nail or drag creating bald spots. It's wonderfully opaque and has a nice glossy finish even without the top coat. This is perfect for spring and summer but since it has that  gray undertone to it I can see wearing it during the colder months as well! 





These two and many other beautiful shades can be purchased at poppynailpolish.com where they retail for $12 each. 

Follow Poppy on these social media sites:
Instagram @poppynailpolish


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...