Sassy Friends!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nail Pattern Boldness: My First Indie Purchase

This is going to be long post...Sorry!
I have been checking out a lot of nail blogs lately, and one thing they all have in common is their love for Indie label polishes. So of course I needed to check them out. I've become quite obsessed actually! The problem is they are sooooo popular and very limited so they sell FAST! Well it just so happens that I managed to catch a limited restock for Nail Pattern Boldness...OK, OK! I was kinda STALKING her  Blog and her Facebook Page. LOL
Aaaaaanyway, I managed to snag a few bottles.


I did a few swatches first...


This is a bottle JAM PACKED full of fine glitters.
Mostly matte white, with some yellow, green, blue, red and even a little purple.
I'm 100% positive that this would look Aaaaaamazing in direct sunlight pix. I unfortunately didn't capture any...I will next time though.


1. 3 coats of NPB Mrs.White
2. 1 coat L'Oreal VIP Status and 2 coats NPB Mrs.White
3.1 coat Pure Ice White On and 2 coats NPB Mrs.White

Now, this polish can be pulled off as a "full coverage" polish BUT you have to let it dry completely between coats or it will clump and end up looking ragged like my #1 nail does (I'm impatient)
I actually like the solo look the best. Next time I will let it dry properly to wear it this way.
My second favorite is #3. It adds a subtle glitter look since most of the glitter is white...it looked much better in person than in this picture.
I like #2 but it's not my fave. I need to work on what darker color this would look fabulous on because the VIP didn't do it for me.
What do you think?



Next up: Ninja vs Pirate

That is 2 coats of  N vs P.
It's filled with very chunky black and white matte glitter that look like glass shards.
It, obviously, is meant to be a top coat and not a stand alone polish.


I decided to use this one for my full mani.


I alternated Sinful Colors Midnight Blue and Wet n Wild Red Red.
I then dabbed a bit of Wet n Wild's Spoiled in Daddy's Credit Card...a silver metallic color...with some saran wrap on each nail, to give it a bit of a silver shimmer.


I then added 2 coats of Ninja vs Pirate.


On top of that I added NPB Glitter Food.


This nifty stuff is a two in one polish. It's a top coat that was specially formulated for thirsty glitter polishes, to even them out and keep the finish from being rough or bumpy.
It's also good to, as Allison from NPB says, Fix A Flat...flat glitter polish that is.
For those polishes you have that their base formula couldn't hold up the glitter. There is a better explanation for this process at this link... Fix a Flat.

I used Glitter Food on all but my pinkie nail. I then topped them all with Sally Hansen Mega Shine. (Glitter Food dries to a satin finish, so it is recommended that you add a top coat like my favorites SV or SH Mega Shine to give it a glossy look)
I used 2 coats of the Mega Sine on the pinkie and it was still very bumpy and rough vs the rest of my nails which were relatively smooth. So the Glitter Food was money well spent! 


I am so happy with how this turned out. I am in love with Ninja vs Pirate!
I am so glad I was a stalker! I plan on making another purchase as soon as NPB makes another restock!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...