Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

F is for Flocking Funky French!

Hi girls and boys, happy humpday and welcome to day F in the ABC Challenge! I have been looking forward to this day for a while. It's been a long time since I've done a french mani and I really wanted to see how it looked on my stilettos, since I've never done one on them. I just received my first flocking powders from the oh so sweet Nicole over at Nicole Gets Nailed so I knew I had to use some on my F day! 


I started off with 2 coats of Julep Sharon.


Then I added a coat of Out the Door Northern Lights for some sparkle. Once that dried I applied a bit of clear polish to the tips and dipped them in black flocking powder and then added a little rhinestone.






So...flocking powder. Man it is meeeeeessy! LOL You can still see all the little fuzzies on my fingers. I like the concept here but it looked way better in my mind. Oh well.



Everyone always asks when they see flocking powder manis  what happens when you get the nails wet so I figured I would wash my hands and see.


It did come off a bit but not terribly. However, after taking these pictures and washing my hands again, the fuzziness has worn significantly! So there you have it, my Flocking Funky French! 
Have a great day loves and go take a look at what the other polished pretties have done for their F mani! 

♥ Gini ♥


22 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! I loved how you made the red sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I forgot...love those stiletto nails!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I love flocking powder!!! This is such a cute french, I think I will try this out! Right now I have valentines day hearts with sweatheart candy color flocking. So cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you commented about the flocking when you wash your hands. I'm constantly washing mine at work - wouldn't last a day. That being said, I love the red sparkly! Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the flocking powder, I haven't gotten any yet, but I've seen so many nail bloggers use it, I really need to get some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept and colors and the rhinestone and glitter!!!! Flocking powder...I love it on other peoples nails, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so freaking cute!! I may have to steal this idea one of these days. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flocking powder is awseome!!! Never tried but I need too!! Now Im embarrased of my French manicure this week lol

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I like your mani! Very Funky and stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gives a hell of an effect! WOw! It's badass IMO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the final mani, no matter if the flock powder is messy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great to me! I don't even own any flocking powder yet. I really need to get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Gini....you hit this one Right Out of the Ballpark!!!!

    I'm reminded of a very sexy tuxedo. This is superb. And the extra bling? And the stiletto vibe?

    You done nailed it, my pretty!

    Hey....Happy Valentines Day!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely idea! A very creative way for using the flocking powder. I have to buy it, it seems to be a funny nail art tool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to know what flocking powder would be like after washing your hands. I wonder if you put top coat over it, it would protect it? I have northern lights and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really dig this! Great idea, woman! It's all sorts of sexy and man....those stilettos! I swear that when I chip off a corner next time I'm going to try out stilettos. They're so hawt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks ladies! Glad you all like it, I really wasn't that crazy about it but I had to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GIVE ME YOUR NAILS. I love this flocking tips, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This reminds me of those kitten heels with the mirabou feathers on them that you're supposed to wear with lingerie lol Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE!! I didn't leave my flocking powder mani on long enough to see how it would weather under water, but even just having it on for a couple of hours and 'petting' it, it started to bald in a couple of places. Can't wait to see what you do with the striping tape and glequins!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...