Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Loaded Lacquer: "The Dog Ate My Homework" & "Rubbernecker"


Hello loves! Is everyone ready for turkey day tomorrow? I'm not! LOL I still have to go to the sore. UGH! I have to wait until my hubby gets home from work though. He had to take my truck because his fuel pump went out on his car. I just love shopping the night before Thanksgiving! NOT! LOL Hopefully the store wont be picked over.
Anyway, today I have a review of another new indie brand. Loaded Lacquer just opened shop about a week and a half ago. All Loaded Lacquer's are 3-Free and Cruelty Free. 


 The Dog Ate My Homework...
...Black, white & gray shards, neon green hex and squares, white hex, iridescent hex and flakies. 
All photos of The Dog Ate My Homework are shown as 2 coats over Illamasqua Lament topped with a coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and a coat of HK Girl.



I'm diggin this glitter topper. The color combo is great and it would look great over any base color. The formula is excellent so the glitters are suspended nicely and spread nice and evenly across the nail. I did have to fish slightly for the dots but they came out without too much trouble. Since there are shard glitters I used a Glitter Food to smooth it all out and make sure there were no glitters sticking up, which can happen with the irregular shaped glitters. There is a beautiful shimmer that is put off from iridescent flakies in this that I just didn't seem to capture but I promise it's there. 


Rubbernecker...
...a sheer black base with multiple sizes of rose gold glitters and micro holo glitters. 
All photos of Rubbernecker are shown as 1 coat over Wet n Wild Fergie Mazel Tov Madness topped with HK Girl.




Rubbernecker is very glitter dense and could have really been worn on it's own with just 2 coats. I didn't realize how much glitter was in this until I applied it over my base color. I actually had to pull the bush over an extra couple of swipes to pull some of the glitter off and make the base color show through more. Either way, solo or as an addition to another base color, this is a gorgeous polish. The little holo glitters are really what kick this up a notch for me, giving it a hint of rainbow sparkle while still letting the beautiful rose glitters take center stage.


You can purchase Loaded Lacquer on line at loadedlacquer.com. They retail for $10 each and you can get free domestic shipping on orders $50 and up. 

Follow Loaded Lacquer on these social media sites:
Twitter @loadedlacquer
Instagram @loadedlacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...