Sassy Friends!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

TIOT: Hard Candy Bity Blue & Piece of Papaya


Welcome to week 12 of my Try It On Tuesday posts! Today I have the final 2 of the new Hard Candy polishes I picked up a couple weeks back. 


Piece of Papaya...
...part of the Itzy Glitzy collection, is a sort of coral peach with a strong gold shimmer. 
All photos of Piece of Papaya are shown as 3 coats topped with Mega Shine.




I just happened to pick this one up by accident, I thought I had grabbed a bottle of Little Bo Pink. When I got home I realized it wasn't what I was wanting. I can now say it was a happy accident! I absolutely love this color! It is so amazing and it looks awesome next to my skin! The formula was excellent, applied like a dream, just make sure you allow each coat to dry completely before applying the next or it will drag and cause bald spots. I used 3 coats since my nails are long, just to make sure there was no VNL but if you have shorter nails 2 coats should cut it.


Bity Blue...
...also part of the Itzy Glitzy collection, is a bright blue with a very slight purple shift.




I was a bit disappointed with Bity Blue. It was on my list of must haves from the collection because of the blue shift that show up in the bottle. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to the nail as well. There is a slight purple shift but nowhere near as strong as what I thought it would be and as you can see it doesn't show up in the pictures at all. It is still a beautiful shade of blue, just not what I was expecting. Again, a great formula! Hard candy really did an excellent job with the new shades! I think I am going to have to find some more!!


You can find the new line of Hard Candy polishes at your local Walmart or at hardcandy.com
Make sure to stop back by in a little while, I will have a second post up with these Hard Candy polishes as undies for a couple of glitter toppers! 

3 comments:

  1. Both colours look great, awesome swatches! :-)
    Last time I checked a local Walmart they did not have the Hard Candy polishes yet. I'll have to go check again soon, there are some that I really want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with Piece of Papaya. It was an accidental purchase for me too, and I am soooo glad I got it. Looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...